An impact window basically means a window that can withstand the force applied to it directly. Impact Windows Port St. Lucie and many other places are designed to protect you against large objects that may shatter your window.
In most cases, they will keep your windows intact during heavy storms, hurricanes, and other scenarios that may cause your windows to break. In cases where the impact is too heavy, the window will break but still maintain a web-like structure holding the pieces of glass intact.
Materials used to make impact windows include:
- Vinyl and aluminum: Used on the frames due to their heavy-duty nature and reduced chances of cracking or crusting.
- Tempered glass: Tempered glass is hard to break. In addition, it enhances energy efficiency when used in the exterior layer of the glass.
- Heat-strengthened glass: This type of glass helps keep out harmful UV rays and reduce the effects of excess sunray penetration into the house, such as fading curtains
- Glass film: This exterior film prevents the glass from shattering all over the flow when it breaks.
Why Install Impact Windows?
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to storm preparedness. Impact windows protect against hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis, blizzards, and more.
If you live in a place with harsh weather, impact-resistant windows are an excellent investment. Here are three more benefits impact windows stuart and many locations provide to every household.
- Reduces the cost of energy by preventing excess heat from outside.
- Enhances security since buglers will not be able to break the glass.
- Improves home value due to the quality and aesthetic appearance associated with impact windows
Whether you’re building or renovating your house, impact windows are a great option to consider in your upgrades. If you’re not worried about thieved breaking in through the window, then surely you should care about that extra boost in your home’s value.